We look forward to welcoming you to Black Mountain Retreat Center! For more information, visit us at www.blackmountaincenter.com
To ensure your stay is as enjoyable and successful as possible, please consider the following:
1) As early as possible, respond to your event coordinator’s request for information about any allergies, dietary restrictions or other medical/mobility issues you may have. If you have a restricted diet for any reason (eg raw, no-nightshade) please be aware that you may have to bring supplementary foods if your needs go beyond what the center can provide.
2) Download and complete the Liability Release and return to your event coordinator.
3) Check the earliest time you should arrive for the event. The last stop for meals/gas/shopping on the way up is Bodega Bay or Jenner on Hwy 1, or Guerneville on Hwy 116. See the Local Attractions page for more information.
4) Remember there is no cell-phone reception at BMRC — be prepared to drive 5 minutes to get reception, or bring a phone-card to use on the land line. We do have internet access.
5) Give friends/family our business number 707-632-5629 for emergencies or short contact purposes.
6) Things to bring: flashlight, slippers or heavy socks for indoors, warm layers (even in summer, when the nights can be cool), comfortable shoes for walking, sunscreen and hat in summer, toiletries, alarm clock, medicines, stationery.
7) If you are staying in the shared Manzanita Rooms on a bring-your-own-bedding basis (determined when you register/pay for your event), that means please bring: top sheet, sleeping bag/comforter, pillow and pillowcase, towels.
8) Personal snacks need to be kept in sealed and labeled containers in the dining-hall kitchen refrigerator. Please do not leave food items in your sleeping area or car — this will attract the local wildlife!
9) If you plan to do gift-shopping in our Lotus Light store, note that we accept VISA and Mastercard as well as cash or personal checks.
10) As a wildlife preserve, we regret that we are unable to host pets. Please make other arrangements for your animal companions — one local possibility is the Town & Country Pet Resort in Santa Rosa.
11) We are a 100% non-smoking retreat center, and tobacco and recreational drugs of any kind are not allowed. Smokers can drive five minutes up onto the main road to smoke, but are requested to dispose of matches and cigarette butts in the car ashtray or a safe container in the car, as this is a High Fire Risk Area. Thank you for your consideration!